An Academic Hit Man Brings More Bad News
Which of the following best describes you? Literary Agent.
Publicist or Marketing Professional. Film Industry Professional. Other Book Industry Professional. Email address:. Please provide an email address.
In the Basement of the Ivory Tower
Categories of Interest: Select All. Current Affairs. Historical Fiction. True Crime.
What drives a former English major with a creative writing degree, several unpublished novels, three kids, and a straining marriage to take a job as a night teacher at a second-rate college? An unaffordable mortgage. As his house starts falling apart in every imaginable way, Professor X grabs first one, then two jobs teaching English and composition and literature-at a small private college and a local community college.
This is the story of what he learns about his struggling pupils, about the college system-a business more bent on its own financial targets than the wellbeing of its students-about the classics he rediscovers, and about himself.
Professor X has been teaching English composition and literature for ten years at two small colleges somewhere in America. Paperback —. Add to Cart. About Professor X Professor X has been teaching English composition and literature for ten years at two small colleges somewhere in America.
- The Washington Post
I feel evil and soiled. Professor X, a thwarted novelist who long ago took a day job working for the government, was driven into adjunct work because he and his wife bought the wrong house at the wrong time. What must be the state of his arteries?
- The Breeders: (Young Adult Dystopian Romance);
- Frumps to Pumps - Your one-month motivotional to getting dressed and staying that way!.
- Die Schriftenreihe Volksphilosophie (German Edition)?
- Mike Rose's Blog: Professor X Redux: A Condescending Essay Becomes a Condescending Book?
How unobstructed must they be? Repetitions and infelicities pile up. Mild banalities do, too.
- In the Basement of the Ivory Tower: Confessions of an Accidental Academic.
- More on the Basement of the Ivory Tower.
- Island Biogeography: Ecology, Evolution, and Conservation!
- Reading Response of 'In the Basement of the Ivory Tower'.
- 2 Comments.
Tell us what you think. Please upgrade your browser. See next articles. Invalid email address.
Related In the Basement of the Ivory Tower: The Truth About College
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved